– Includes 4.5kg Gas Bottle
– Cooking Capacity on Roaster is 80kg
– Cooking area is 1350x540mm
– INSTANT HEAT; Going from 0*C to 200*C in just 3 minutes
The Heatlie Roaster works similar to a fan forced oven. The burner is at the rear and the heat rises and rolls around the food. With the movement of heat rising at the back and rolling down at the front, the hottest cooking area inside the unit is the front area on the rack closest to where the roaster opens.
Do not place food directly over the burner, as your food could burn in the direct heat. The fat dripping onto the flame could also cause smoke and flare ups.
The use of double up racks enables two tiered cooking, increasing your cooking space. The temperature is hotter on the higher rack therefore the food will cook slightly quicker.
The Heatlie roaster can reach 200 degrees Celsius in 3 minutes, so there is no need to pre-heat. Cooking capacity of the 3 rack roaster is about 80kg.
- Whole pigs – 40kg 4 to 5 hours
- Whole lambs 20kg 3.5 hours
- Whole turkeys 7.5kg 2 to 3 hours
- Whole Snapper 8-9kg 1 to 1.5 hours
- Combination legs of Pork, Rumps etc. 4 to 5 hours
- Vegetables approx. 1 hr
Allow longer if food is frozen. If food is placed in roasting dishes, rather than directly onto the roasting rack cleaning is minimised.